Working In Concert is a not-for-profit performing arts incubator, facilitator, and connector for collaborative projects embracing musical genres—cabaret, opera and classical vocal arts, theatrical and popular song.
Our goal is to reflect on stage and “in the house” the great diversity of Chicago’s population and the paths that bring us together.
Our shared initiatives:
- BELLISSIMA OPERA: An incubator for new classical works for voice
- BLACK VOICES in CABARET: Spotlight on African American performers and the unsung history of Black cabaret
- CHICAGO CABARET WEEK: Bringing great cabaret acts to intimate venues across Chicagoland
- CHICAGO PARIS CABARET CONNEXION: An international collaboration to advance the art of cabaret
- IN the CLASSROOM: Bellissima Opera Outreach and Cabaret-Paree programs for K-12 and higher education
- SONGSHOP LIVE: a place to explore character and truth-telling in song
- PERFORMANCE: “Up close and personal”
- ADVOCACY: Advance the art of cabaret and classical vocal arts
- EDUCATION: For all ages; for the development of professional and avocational artists
Drawing from our lived experiences, we bravely explore the human condition with compassion and character. Preferring intimate venues, we believe delivering songs and stories face-to-face has the power to transform lives and create community.