Get carried away by Chicago Cabaret!
Working In Concert is proud to facilitate with Chicago Cabaret Professionals and Acts Of Kindness Cabaret, the planning of the second annual Chicago Cabaret Week for May 6-May 16 2022.
If you have already submitted your show or venue, THANK YOU!
This page can be shared with other artists and provides information about last year’s great success!
- The Coordinating Committee is seeking submissions from interested venues, due end of Monday, December 5, 2022. Link to VENUE FORM
- Artist/show submissions will be due end of Monday, December 19, 2022. Link to ARTISTS FORM
Cabaret has been at the heartbeat of Chicago’s nightclub scene for more than a century. Celebrating performance up close and personal, the first-ever citywide Chicago Cabaret Week festival took place May 6-16, 2022. Artists at a dozen intimate venues around the city brought their personal renditions of American songbook, blues, jazz, burlesque, pop, French chanson, international song, and Broadway.
Supported in part by a grant from the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events, Choose Chicago, and the Illinois Arts Council PLUS individual donors like you!
MORE NEWS: Broadway World
The 2022 PARTICIPATING VENUES
- Alliance Française (River North)
- Beverly Art Center (Beverly)
- Cliff Dwellers Club (Loop)
- Davenport’s (Wicker Park)
- DePaul School of Music (Lincoln Park)
- Drew’s on Halsted (Lakeview)
- Epiphany Center for the Arts (West Loop)
- Fulton Street Collective (West Loop)
- The Haven (Bronzeville)
- The Hideout (Bucktown)
- Newport Theater (Wrigleyville)
- Old Town School of Folk Music (Lincoln Square)
- Le Piano (Rogers Park)
- Polo Inn (Bridgeport)
- Venus Cabaret at the Mercury (Lakeview)
The 2022 PARTICIPATING ARTISTS
- Acts Of Kindness Cabaret with Hilary Feldman
- Anne & Mark Burnell
- Chicago Cabaret Professionals
- Chicago Paris Cabaret Connexion
- Christy Bennett’s Fumée Jazz duo
- Claudia Hommel
- Clotilde Rullaud & Chris McCarthy
- Feathered Beaus
- Greta Pope
- Jackie Smook
- Joan Curto
- Madeline Morgan
- Nancy Hays and Mary Heffernan
- Paul Motondo
- Sama Sama Project with Lou Ella Rose
Chicago Paris Cabaret Connexion ran during the day
concurrently with Chicago Cabaret Week at night!
The Chicago Cabaret Week Performers: More than 15 performances with over a thousand audience members, hosted by Claudia Hommel of Working In Concert, Hilary Feldman of Acts Of Kindness Cabaret, Anne Burnell of Chicago Cabaret Professionals, and Kyle Hustedt of The Cabaret Project. They were joined by diverse local performers: Lynne Jordan, Paul Montando, Joan Curto, Sama Sama Project, The Feathered Beaus, Jackie Smook, Greta Pope, Madeline Morgan, Ava Logan, Peek-Easy, Evelyn Danner, Nancy Hays, Wydetta Carter. There was burlesque. There was accordion music. There was laughter and clinking of glasses.
The Venues: The Hideout Inn, The Epiphany Center for the Arts, The Venus Cabaret, DePaul University, LePiano, The Polo Inn, Beverly Arts Center, Haven Entertainment Center, Davenport’s Piano Bar, Cliff Dwellers, Drew’s on Halsted.
Near and Far: Performers from afar included Clotilde Rullaud, Mylène Launay, Maryline Rollet, Wilfried Touati, Patrick Pernet, Michèle Barbier, and Isabelle Georges from France, Jeff Harnar and Alex Rybeck from New York, Jeanie Carroll from Las Vegas, and Myriam from Los Angeles. Also from France, Olivier Betti (grandson of the composer of “C’est si bon”). From near, Chicago Paris Cabaret Connexion Conference participants, vocal coach Elisabeth Howard, opera singers Helene Alter-Dyche and Susan Arjmand. Co-chairs of the Paris Committee of Chicago Sister Cities International David Reithoffer and Brett August and his wife Dr. Carey August. Former cultural affairs commissioner Mark Kelly, and “mayor of 43rd Street” Norman Bolden.
The Cause: Anne Burnell, Hilary Feldman, Kyle Hustedt and Claudia Hommel developed Chicago Cabaret Week to promote cabaret as a Chicago art form. The Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events provided a grant for both concerts to highlight cabaret stars of yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
See you at next year’s Cabaret Week here in Chicago.
The next Chicago Paris Cabaret Connexion conference is in France, Sète by the Mediterranean Sea August 23-29, and Paris, September 1-4!
Press Kit graphics and hashtags
- @ handles are participating venues, coordinating partners, artists, events linked to the event page @cabaretproject @facetofacestories @CabaretPros @ActsOfKindnessCabaret @ChooseChicago @ChicagoDCASE @WDCBjazz
- # tags (search terms and slogans – we recommend using 3 at a time)
#chicagocabaret #cabaretallday #cabaretweek2022 #ChicagoCabaretWeek #cabaretchicago