Our 2023 fundraising goals are to:
- Expand our partnerships with schools to present CABARET and OPERA in the CLASSROOM
—$1000 supports three performers in residence all day in a public school, Support arts-in-education in increments of $250.
- Offer a monthly series featuring BLACK VOICES IN CABARET
—$2000 underwrites one of our monthly cabaret concerts by the award-winning roster of African-American performers. Support the concerts in increments of $250.
- Create new concerts for International Women’s Day and beyond
—$2000 underwrites a classical vocal arts concert. Support the concerts in increments of $500.
- Grow our SongShop Scholarship Fund to provide advanced training for professionals and serious amateurs
—$50 supplements each scholarship recipient for two sessions of the DePaul Community Music weekly workshops
—$800 sponsors the quarterly SongShop Live concerts whose net proceeds benefit the Scholarship Fund
- Promote our Transcendence operas to opera companies and universities
—For example, $1200 underwrites our participation in the National Opera Association annual conference.
- Create a strong presence at the fifth Chicago Paris CABARET CONNEXION conference
—$3000 sends a fabulous Chicago performer to Paris, August 28-September 4, 2023. Support the conference in increments of $500.
Individual donors have helped us bring in more than $54,000 since March 2020 to November 2022.
When you shop at Amazon Smile, select Bellissima Opera/Working In Concert as your preferred charity and we receive 0.5% of your shopping bill on your completed purchase at Amazon Smile.
Whether you itemize or take the standard deduction, ALL U.S. taxpayers can deduct $300 of charitable donations straight from the top of your reported income.
Working In Concert’s EIN number as a federally tax-exempt charitable organization is 61-1636973