We have a part-time opening and are looking for a lively and competent candidate to add to our team. If this sounds like an opportunity that you would be excited to help us with, or know someone who fits the bill, read on!
Working In Concert is a performing arts facilitator for Bellissima Opera, Black Voices in Cabaret, Chicago Cabaret Week, Chicago Paris Cabaret Connexion, Classroom programs for opera and cabaret, and SongShop Live.
— Looking to fill the position as soon as possible
— Hours: 12-20 a week
— Work is hybrid, with home office in Albany Park
— The pay is modest but the position will grow with the right candidate.
What you’ll do:
- Promote musical events
- Develop relationships with donors and fans
- Maintain website content
- Administrative tasks as required
Examples of specific duties may include:
- Assist with grant writing, donor relations, and fundraising opportunities
- Create, edit, and send press releases
- Maintain and update contact, donor, and media lists
- Create and distribute invitations to events highlighting the work of performers in the community
- Correspond with supporters, donors, performers, media contacts, and collaborators as required
- Create and update website content and layouts and work with the social media coordinator on the release of web content and events to social media outlets
- Utilize Jot Form, Brown Paper Tickets, Constant Contact, and other tools to create and manage signup forms, ticketing, and newsletter
- Assist sound and video engineers during live events and manage web streams for remote-events
- Attend board meetings and working groups
- Other tasks as requested
Who you’ll be:
- Even-keeled, and able to interact with a variety of personalities on a daily basis
- Attentive to detail, but flexible enough to roll with the ever-changing needs of the organization
- Passionate about the arts and interested in supporting local performers
- Interested in people and good at maintaining relationships with co-workers, supporters, and community members
- Knowledgeable about Microsoft Office Suite, Jot Form, Brown Paper Tickets, WordPress, Constant Contact, Adobe Creative Suite, or willing and able to learn quickly on the job
This is not intended to be an all-encompassing description of the job, but rather to suggest the general scope of work and most frequent responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Prior experience with QuickBooks and bookkeeping skills are a plus, but are not required
- French language speaking/reading/writing abilities are highly desirable, but not required
Visit https://form.jotform.com/220486096391158 to apply.
Leave a Reply